Monday, December 6, 2010

Chapter 7 Teaser

“I need to get up and start to get ready. I need to go to the office,” he said in a tone of voice that indicated just how unpleasant that thought was to him.

“Yes, I suppose you have a publishing kingdom to run, don’t you?” Isabella teased, but there was a trace of anxiety and bitterness beneath the surface.

She was afraid for him to leave the confines of the little bubble they’d created since he’d come home last night. She was afraid to lose him to the world of business, power, and money that he had so immersed himself in over the past few years. She was afraid of losing the Edward that she discovered beneath his walls.

Edward knew immediately what plagued her even without an angel having to whisper in his ear to remind him. “Hey now,” he said gently as he ran his thumbs over her still pink cheeks. “I’ll be home before you know it. Perhaps when I come back you can show me around the garden outside?

“Okay,” she whispered quietly.

“Isabella, I promised no more hiding and no more running. I mean to keep my promise,” he told her as he kissed her forehead. “I’m going to try my damnedest to be the man that you need me to be.”

“I love you, Edward,” she said as she stared at her husband. He dipped his head down to kiss her one last time before he left the warmth of her arms.

“I know, my love. I’ve always known,” he said as he softly brushed his lips across hers before he slid out of bed and walked to his bathroom to shower and get ready for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment