Monday, January 17, 2011

Chapter 13 Teaser

"God damn it all to hell," Edward muttered angrily under his breath and when he heard the snort off to the side, as he knew he would, he didn't even apologize for the inappropriate outburst in front of the present company.

"Edward," the ever-annoying angel sighed mightily.

Edward held up his hand and said, "I know, all right? I know I overreacted, I knew it the second the words left my damn mouth, but I couldn't help it."

Well, that was a change, Seth thought with a start. It wasn't often he was surprised, but Edward had surely managed to do just that. Maybe there was hope for him yet.

He was about to speak when he was interrupted. "Edward?" Carlisle asked hesitantly.

Edward glanced quickly at the heavenly being, needing his reassurance. He didn't have time to think about that, but it was a fact nonetheless.

"Give him a chance, Edward, for your sake as well as his. Just...try," the angel implored.

Edward swallowed past the lump in his throat and nodded his head. "You're staying, right?" he asked hating how his voice shook, but he knew he needed Seth close by.

The angel looked at him with a loving and patient glance and said, "Of course, Edward. I'll always be right by your side."

"Carlisle," Edward greeted him in an even voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment