Monday, May 16, 2011

TGG Chapter 30 Teaser

"How are you feeling about going back to Ireland after all this time?" the angel casually asked, though he paid very close attention to see if there was the telltale sign of a dip between the eyebrows or a pinch of the bridge of his nose.
There wasn't.
"You know what? At first, when Isabella gave me tickets, I was shocked. I mean, I had been thinking about taking her...before, but I had no idea if there would be enough time. Then when everything happened, I kind of forgot about it to be honest with you. But now that we're on our way there, it's..." Edward stopped and shook his head.
"It's what?"
"I kind of feel like this is it, you know? Like once I get there and do what I need to do, I can just put it all, every bit of anger and frustration and bitterness behind me and concentrate only on going forward. I know when Isabella planned on this trip she didn't really have that in mind, but it's what it is. I want to show here where I came from, but Ireland isn't home...Chicago is," Edward said quietly.
He'd turned in his chair and looked out the window and the clouds that floated by the plane as they sped through the sky. It sort of reminded him of where he went when he 'died' and he was sure the annoying angel person was well aware of that fact so he kept the observation to himself. They'd talked plenty once he'd gotten home from the hospital. It had to wait until he was at home because Isabella never left his side, even after he'd repeatedly tried to get her to leave and get some sleep at the penthouse or at the very least a shower, but she adamantly refused. He'd been worried that watching him 'die' would have a lasting effect on her, but for the most part it hadn't. It would have been foolish to assume she wouldn't have a few lingering fears and the fact that she woke up sometimes clinging to him and crying his name alerted him to the fact that she'd had them; he supposed she always would.
He knew if the situations had been reversed he'd have driven himself crazy with all the 'what ifs' his mind could and would conjure up. She was so much stronger than he was anyway. There was no doubting that! And, there was no way he was asking Seth for his opinion either. It seemed, and he wasn't sure how it was possible, that Seth had fallen even more under Isabella's spell since she'd gotten pregnant.

1 comment: